A delightful little salad!
If you want a healthy nutritious dish, please try this. This salad provides you with e.g. antioxidants (such as lycopene), vitamins (A, B6, B9, C, E, K), fibers, folare, healthy fats, iron, potassium and magnesium.
Besides making your body happy and satisfied, it also pleases you! Every mouthful is bursting with flavors: A luscious sweet flavor coming from the corn and mango, the tangy sour bite of lime and tomatoes, the full flavor of beans and creamy avocado, the crunchy bite of almonds and the fresh topping of cilantro. Yum! Yum! Yum!
Using the avocado as a bowl is a fun way to serve it, and it saves you from doing dishes 😉
Great as a lunch option or side salad, or add quinoa to turn it into a satisfying main dish.
Prep Time: 15 min
- 2 Avocado
- 1 Lime
- 1 Mango
- Kidney Beans (1cup / 6.5oz / 185g)
- Sweet Corn (1cup / 6oz / 175g)
- ±15 Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Cilantro (15g)
- Some slivered almonds
- Halve the avocados, remove the pit and scoop out the centers using a spoon, leaving a little bit of avocado inside so there is a nice green border. Slice the remaining avocado. Sprinkle it with some lime juice (to add flavor and prevent it from loosing it’s color).
- Peel and slice the mango. Slice the cherry tomatoes in halve. Chop the cilantro.
- Mix all the ingredients (mango, avocado, corn, beans, tomatoes, cilantro and almonds) and fill your avocado bowls with it.
Optional: serve with quinoa to turn this dish into a main course